As the Women’s Ministry of First Baptist Church, it is our desire to
encourage, edify and exhort women in their walk with the Lord.
Acts 17:27-28a says:
“So that they should seek the Lord,
in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him,
though He is not far from each one of us;
for in Him we live and move and have our being…”
We seek to:
EQUIP women in our church to enrich the lives of other women
and their families through Christ.
ENABLE a woman to discover her God-given gifts for ministry,
search out the needs in her church and community,
and match those needs with her gifts of service.
LEAD to accept Christ as Lord, to become women of deep prayer,
and to become women who study the Bible
and base their entire lives on the Word of God.
We do this by:
· Teaching women the disciplines that can lead to a spiritually transformed life in Christ.
· Teaching women how to pray, meditate, and worship and to practice these disciplines daily.
· Training women to share their faith with confidence.
· Providing women with opportunities for fellowship and the development of strong
and lasting relationships with family, friends, and co-workers.
· Equipping women to identify their spiritual gifts, choose a worthy ministry,
and do ministry with compassion and competence.